Friday, January 13, 2012

Tanzania 10/16/2011 Journal post 'edited'

Not sure why they held the english version in such a small room today. Im back in the main chapel, listening in Swahili. I have to say it does sound pretty cool. I cannot wait to see how well the Worthens pick it up.
Tomorrow the Worthens want to go to Zanzibar. It is apparently a 2 hour Ferry ride to get there. It should be a good time.  Tuesday is their Zone Conference, but also the day I am flying to Nairobi, Kenya. Apparently Maciej's parents are arriving before me. THAT at least makes me feel a bit better. I was nervous that I would be in Kenya, they wouldn't make the flight and I would be stuck on this crazy adventure all alone.
There is a cute little boy laying in his mother lap while she is listening to conference, he is sucking his 2 middle fingers and fidgeting with his mother. Its funny how even the small things in life are the same, we fidget and fuss the same no matter where in the world we are raised.
It makes me think of Truman at home kicking mom. Kids are kids no matter their race, creed or color.
Btw, the conference keeps freezing on the dvd. For some reason, they ended up showing the rest of it in English instead of getting the other player and putting in the Swahili version. I liked listening to it, it made great background noise for writing in my Journal.

Notes in my Journal:
una itwa nani = how are you called?
nina itwa mike = My name is mike
hibari = hello (Pams favorite)
a san tay = thank you
a san tay sana = thank you very much (Pams other fave)

No comments: