Monday, February 19, 2007

Chinese New Year!

Who you calling a Pig?
Yes its the chinese year of the Pig this year. No that doesnt entitle us all to pack on the pounds! I dont know what it means really I should have asked someone.
I flew into San Francisco yesterday to meet the Mims and the Montrealians. After waiting a full hour for the hotel shuttle to come and get me. They drug their cute selves to the airport and off we went into the city. We were a bit worried about parking in downtown SF but low and behold on sunday you can park on the warf for $6 bucks!! How cool is that?
We wanted to go and see Alcatraz but 1. there were protesters at the place that we wanted to get the boat, and 2. everyone was sold out on tours until tuesday. It was Presidents Day weekend afterall. Whatever..
So we just walked down the warfs to Fishermans and had a Super Yummy bowl of clam chowder.. Why is it so good when its fresh? Duh.. No seriously it was the best ever (sorry gramma).
We hit Ghiradelli square where I stoped for a ring and to put my feet in the sand.
Then we marched WAY up the hill to Grace cathedral and then down into ChinaTown. The festivities had all but stopped but you could see the fireworks leftovers. I bought some cute undies and a new manbag at the H&M and then back to ChinaTown for yummy sushi, not cheap, just yummo.
Jumping back in the car we went up to Castro to take the boys to the Crepevine. Just off market and church, its my favorite creperie in SF. They just dont have it right when making my dessert crepe. I gotta admit mine is out of this world. But Mims and I shared a yummy dinner crepe. We stopped off for a night cap and then back to the hotel.
Mims and I got up at 330 to drive to SMF to catch my flight back to SLC. I showed up to the airport 25 mins prior to departure but I ran through security and up to the gate and was able to get on the plane.
Now im just tired.
At least i have the day off and can enjoy it.
Cheers

2 comments:

Bubba said...

I dont understand. Who is mims. Were you in SF or sacramento or mentosacro. I was in mentosacro once and it was closed. Rolled the sidewalks right up, yup.
Toemeister

Unknown said...

I am Mims! :)

What a day today was...

I drove around Sacro after I dropped you off and found the city to be very beautiful. LOTS of bums at the Starbucks though. I met some of my new peeps at the airport, took a nap in my car in long-term, and flew to CVG at 1pm.

I just arrived at the Hyatt Place in Florence, KY. Its a gorgeous hotel...

Its midnight and I'm pooped!

Mims (pronounced Meems)