Monday, July 2, 2007

Berchtesgaden Adventures!

So my first day in Germany consisted of being kinda lazy.. Ok so did the second.. but my Third and full day was an adventure to be had. Dad had rented a car and a TomTom navigational system GPS thingy. He was really excited about it. We decided since Id only be able to spend one day that we should head over to Berchtesgaden and see the sights there. It was one of the places I've heard people rave about so OFF we went. The drive was about 2 hrs and in a full car tensions got a bit high.. We had to stop to eat and found this cute little cafe on the side of the road.


Isnt dad a cutiepie?


They didnt have a table outside big enough for the 5 of us so we had a boys and girls table..



Katie had a great sandwich apparently! hehe

We decided to go and see KonigSee (kings lake)
I have never seen any thing so beautiful as this lake. It is so pristine. They only use electric boats on it to preserve its purity. You take a ride on a boat to the other end of the lake, walk about 500 yards and there is another lake.. You just get to look at this one but dang if it wasnt beautiful.



this is at the end of the first lake.. Apparently someone lives here with their herd of cattle.. It would be like heaven to live here!! I couldnt imagine anything more fantastic than to have a view like this..

The boat ride over the guy on the boat plays his horn against the cliffs. I made a movie of it and put it on YouTube. It was pretty freakin cool..



this was a stop on the lake. It used to be a monastery.. beautiful eh!!


I dont know how many times we took this pic but it just didnt capture the beauty of the place..This was at the second lake. I think the others have more pictures of this lake. My camera was giving me the times up on batterylife..

After this we had to cruise home for the ward party where we all dressed up polynesian style and danced the night away..
My next entry will go more into that night for me.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Mike, I am jealous! You have been to some of the most incredible places and I have never been anywhere! What a breathtaking scene by that lake. Probably a place you won't forget. Emily