Monday, January 17, 2011

Awh.. Honey, I baked!!!

Yes.. I baked. But not a lucious cake or dessert type. I made something classical. MEATLOAF!!! Why, you might ask did I make meatloaf? Well because I bought a big 3 pound thing of ground beef and didnt know what to do with it.. Et Voila.. Meatloaf.
I scoured FoodNetwork.com to find just the right recipie and low and behold I came across Double Pork, Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. Yes, I started drooling too!
Now of course I had beef and not pork but I did have bacon! So I made it following the recipie with just that difference. Here is what it looked like before I baked it.

I baked it for an hour and it was swimming in juices. I did go and use a baster and take them all out but this is what it looked like when it was done!
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5563193298494559378" />
Now let us not forget DESSERT!!!
I got the mix when I went to New Orleans for a day..
they are OH so yummy!!!

5 comments:

Teresa McCormack Flegal said...

WOW! I never thought to cover the whole meatloaf with Bacon. Sounds like one Andrew would drool over as well. Lovin you and freezin

BnK said...

The dessert looks fabulous. Can you come home and be my personal chef? I couldn't pay you anything but compliments. Is that worth it? Probably not.

Mike Flegal said...

Yes mother Bacon Wrapped is THE way to go!
As for personal Cheffing it... How about when I come home for visits? Ill bring the beignet mix with me!

Sara M. Taylor said...

I am so impressed. That looks delish! Hoping you can come and see us in S.L.C. when we are there in March. Missing you! P.S. I finally updated my blog.

Shelly said...

I have that very box of Begnet (sp?) mix in my pantry. Lisa brought it to me from Nah'lins. You should probably come make it for me. Thank you.