Tuesday, February 26, 2008

LIFE UPDATE!!!

So. Here I sit in the basement bedroom. Yes Im still in "UTAR."
I was all stoked on going to atlanta for my inflight training but I hit a snaffu. Its been 10, count them, 10yrs since I was in Paris last. The only other french I get to speak is with my siblings at random and that isnt the heaviest of converstations. So I took my french test over the phone. Ya, not an easy task. One of the random questions I was asked was, 'Tell me the history of computers for the past 10yrs IN FRENCH' I wanted to say honey how in all that is holy does that pertain to me being a flight attendant?
I couldnt really mouth off so I answered as best I could.
Needless to say I didnt pass my language exam. AND my job was riding on the line.
So Im not going to be a flight attendant.
Suprisingly enough Im not all that sad about it. I thought I would be major upset but when I got the word I was just like, OK.. and on I went. So I figure its just not meant to be. If I want to reapply again in 6 months I can do that. Ill just have to see how I feel in that time.
So thanks for all the well wishes that I was receiving but Im still sticking around. You know where to find me..
Same bat time, Same bat channel.
xo

4 comments:

Shelly said...

That's U-TARD to you, my man. ANd I, fer one, am sa happy yer stayin amongst our midst.

Let the crepe fests roll!

mwah!

S

Natalie said...

That's the pits! I know you were looking forward to the opportunity, but maybe you are right...it just wasn't meant to be. Hey, can I join in on the crepes fun? You are the best at making those...okay, I need to go, my mouth is watering!!!

Ali said...

Hi,
Could you please describe the birthing process and the stages of labor for me in FRENCH? Thanks.

Ha! What the random interview question. I don't think you could even answer that question in English (the one about the stages of labor)...

Well, from our selfish standpoint, we're thrilled you'll be hanging around SLC!! We love you. Two words: Paul Mitchell

Linda Larson Flegal Prince said...

Greetings to Mike from Aunt Linda. Sorry to hear your sad story but you took it well. Hope something better comes your way. Just want you to know that your Aunt Linda loves you. Have a great day.