Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where is my maid?

Can I say that I hate cleaning?
Actually I just hate cleaning up after myself. I really don't mind doing the dishes (if it wasn't me that cooked) and picking up after the nieces or nephews. I really hate cleaning up after ME. The biggest slob in the world? Maybe.. I think its just the fact that as I clean up after myself I am forced to reckon with the fact that I make a bigger mess than those cute little munchkins that come and play at Nanna and Bubbas house. Do I really just rip off my clothing and toss it in a corner? Do I really have THAT many tee shirts? Who needs 14 pairs of jeans? and why do I have 35 button down long sleeve and twice as many short sleeved shirts? Am I a compulsory shopper? Do I need all this stuff? Ok lets be honest here, I do look great in all of it. BUT I live in my work uniform and my pajamas! Sure I get the occasional escape to the normal world on my days off but that is 2 days a week! 8 days a month!
With all that said. Its spring cleaning time chez mike. Yes Ive loaded up all the crap that I haven''t worn in oh what 2 years and tossed it out. Thanks to my inspiring baby sister I feel like I need to do this. Katie Ann has adapted a policy that is she buys one thing she has to throw something of the same out. A sweater for a sweater. Socks for socks and so forth. It really is a liberating feeling! Now if only I could convince myself to do the same for DVD's.. JUST KIDDING!!! they stay!
Ok Now I can get back to cleaning my room and doing my laundry...
Deep breath!

No comments: