Thursday, May 15, 2008

A New York Afternoon

So Ive been working a lot lately. I don't how many people are aware that Im working in a new capacity at work since my dream of becoming a flight attendant was shot down.
I was hired on to be a Lead (in training) on one of the concourses at the airport. My new job means that Im responsible for about 9 agents, making sure they know their job and complete their trainings. I also get to do the schedule for the day, assigning agents to work the flights we have on our concourse.
Well normally there are 4 of us that do this job. For about the past 2 weeks, it feels like its just me, either my coworkers are out on vacation or attending funerals of loved ones or buying a new home. Its been me holding down the fort.
Because Ive been working so much Ive only been taking 1 day off a week. So this past Monday I decided to spend the day with my sister and my nephew, they just happen to live in NYC. So I hopped the redeye flight sunday night, scoring 3 seats in coach to myself. I landed to a rainy day in NYC at 730 in the morning. I was able to get to Liz and Marks place by about 930 and thats when the fun started.

I was greeted by this little chunk of a man and his beautiful mother. I was pretty tired since I didnt get too much sleep after working and then hopping a plane. Fortunately it was morning nap time for the little man and so we were able to crash out together for about 45 mins. Then we hit the town. I wish I'd have taken more pictures of the three of us but I had Truman in the ERGO baby carrier and ported his little bum around for 5 hours from 59th street (columbus circle) all the way down to 34th street shopping and just seeing the city. He slept pretty much the entire way, he only woke up when we stopped for lunch at Whole Foods.

We shopped through TimeSquare and on to 34th street where I found some cute undies at H&M my fave store, and Liz found two very cute polo style shirts at a little hole in the wall called JJ's that I would never have gone into thinking they had anything Liz might like but she knows her city and where to shop for what she wants. She amazes me that NYC has really become her town, she knows it very well. I would still probably be overwhelmed.
One last pic of me and the cute little booger and Ill end my trip with me hopping on the 7pm flight the same day and heading back to slc. Returning home 24hrs after Id left it. A long but a totally fun trip to see my little sis and her ADORABLE baby boy.
I love you Liz and I had a great time with you guys in the city. We have to do it again!!!

7 comments:

Ali said...

I haven't read this post yet, but I will as soon as I leave this comment - I'm doing things backwards again.

My Mom took my copy of the Host with her to St. George this weekend. I'll give it to you as soon as she finishes, (which should be before you leave for Italy)

Ali said...

We're dying to meet him. Gosh. Maybe if we move out of state, you'd see my kids more!

Emily said...

I am so envious of your ability to just go wherever! Oh, the places I could experience! Sounds like fun just hanging out in New York with your sister. I need out of Arizona!

Liz Green said...

We just had so much fun with you. It's sure a treat having family in town to visit. Thanks for carrying my heavy bundle of joy around town and for speaking so highly of me as a mom. Truman tell me you're his favorite Uncle.

Betty said...

So cute is little dude. you are a really good uncle.

Kera said...

well aren't you just the jet setter. You're pretty fancy. Take me somewhere would you???

Natalie said...

You are the best uncle ever! What an exhausting trip, but it sounds well worth the visit. And I'm sure Liz appreciated the fun company.