Thursday, June 5, 2008

Itly? What you doin in Itly?

Katie and I got to tag along again on one of Mom and Pops adventures. They and a group of friends rented a villa in Tuscany. Yes in Italy, about a 45 min train ride outside of Florence.
I took the Redeye flight to JFK where I met Katie later that day (after a nice long nap on the floor in the sun) Together (me in first class her in coach)(but I did score her 3 seats to herself so don't look at me like that) we took the flight to Milan. There we had to find the bus (it only took going the wrong way once) that took us to Milano Centrale train station. From there it was a 2h45m train ride to Florence, then another 45m train ride to the station at the bottom of the hill from the villa. There we waited for mom and pop to fetch us in the little Ford Fiesta and zoom up to the villa..

We did Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence and spent the last two nights in Lake Como.
Here are a GRUNDLE of pictures from each place so I'll put them in different categories so you can see each area.
ENJOY....

Getting There..


The Villa Zingale


Pisa


Cinque Terre


Venice


Florence


Lake Como

Mo Como

2 comments:

Natalie said...

BIG WOW!!! I'm green with envy - what an AWESOME trip! I've wondered where you've gone...haven't heard from you in awhile!

Emily said...

yet another incredible adventure you had! I can't believe how beautiful Italy is. So much color and amazing carvings and craftsmanship in the architecture! I would love to see it face to face. Thanks for showing all the pictures!