Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A trip to the S.C.

So I took the weekend to get out of town, literally and headed over to see the Flegalheimers in South Carolina. Ali and I had movie night with Andrew joining us mid-flick for popcorn and the movie.
Saturday we went to the Lake Beach as Ms Eliza likes to call it. Im sure Henry says it and its understandable but its more like Yake Beech YEAH!
Andrew and I immediately got sucked into a service project but I was cool with it as we were using their property for our days activity. We moved 2 couches(yes one was a sofa sleeper and not so light) but the other was just fine. I was happy to help them as they are super nice people!

We built sandcastles and jumped off the dock to cool off in the hot hot sun. They even built a fire and we roasted hotdogs for lunch. Dad and Grandpa Flegal would have be SUPER jealous of Mr Scotts 'match'
We intended to stay at the beach just untill noon but ended up staying till around 230-300pm. It was just a fun day!
that night I mentioned to AJ and Ali that Liz and Mark and myself had a night of Settlers of Catan. As it turns out this is a German game and of course Andrew has it, in German! We had to call Mark for a refresher on the rules but we played 2 games. Yes Ali won them both! I need to get my own game and start challanging people here.
Anywho.. We did get one more game in sunday before I left. Andrew dethroned Princess Ali and I was off on my road trip home. The 3 hour drive really is nice and super easy to get over there.
Whats next? Labor day at the Plantation according to AJ.

2 comments:

Liz Green said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were only a 3 hour drive away from them. That's awesome and I'm sure the kids were thrilled to see Uncle Mike. :) The favorite Uncle.

BnK said...

Oh the fun days of summer and water and I-don't-know-what-is-in-this-hotdog hotdogs. I'm glad to see you aren't getting bored. But would you ever? LOve your bones.