Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ah.. NYC the city that never sleeps..

Why do i always feel like an insomniac in this city? Hmm
I was such a good boy waiting patiently for the departure to LGA when there came an announcement. 'Ladies and Gentlemen.. blah blah blah, gate change, blah blah blah'
So, just like when we were in choir and the chorister would raise her hands, everyone stood up in unison and headed for our new gate. It was just down the hall but man you could see some grumpy faces.
We boarded pretty quickly. I find it a little bit funny in my seats. My SLC-ATL flight i was in 37b and the LGA flight I was in 38c. It turned out to be and exit row on the LAST row of an MD90. Oh well.
This was the first time Ive flown into LGA to come see Liz and Marc. I gotta tell ya, SUPER EASY! But dont go buying a Metro card for the day (7dollars) if all you are going to do is hop the bus to the house. The lady at the airport tried to get me to buy that dumb card. All you need is 2 bucks in quarters and the M60 bus drops you off RIGHT outside their house. The bus ride took maybe 25 mins.
Liz and Marc were still at work so I headed to the nearest starbucks, on broadway, and logged in to my T-Mobile HotSpot and started lookin at the flights. It was then that I noticed that Delta cancelled a flight on the 26th from LGA to ATL. That wouldnt do..
So here I sit after much stress and NO sleep at 451 in the morning ready to call a cab and get back to the airport. Liz and I are going to take a connecting flight through the city of Raleigh-Durham. We now get into Atlanta at 1030 am and our flight to Munich isnt until 430. Who can say airport-nap-on-the-floor?
I just know I'm gonna pass out on the flights. Id better get a compfy seat.
More to come on the Amazing Adventure to Deutschland YA!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Mike - this is great. I am staying up to date on all of your progress. Keep blogging... I hope you sleep well!!!