Thursday, June 14, 2007

A True JetSetter

So my friend Amy asked me to accompany her to pick up her passport and drop her off at class.
Now to the rest of you this would just mean getting in the car and cruising around..
Amys passport was in Washington DC where a friend had picked it up from the GHANA embassy, fresh with a new visa, and her class was at the JFK airport cargo center..
She flew the connection in from SMF and we met in the crown room in SLC. Id picked up her Malaria pills from her sister that morning. We got on the flight to DCA. Me in an aisle seat next to a crazy lady and Amy on an exit window.. Lucky poo..
the flight got to DCA at 4. So we jumped on the metro and went to the WHITE HOUSE to meet our friend Tim. No Tim doesnt work at the White House but kitty corner.. He surrendered the passport over dinner on the other side of the White House. Thus Dinner in DC. Amy and I had to catch the flight to LGA then. We checked the flights at his office and they didnt look so grand. There had been some rain and we'd cancelled 4 flights. So I told amy to go and I stayed with Tim. Her seat was positive space afterall.. So Tim and I head back to his place. When we get there I used his computer just to check that things looked ok for amy and they hadnt cancelled the flight. Seat availability had gone from -12 seats to positive 12 seats!. So Tim jumped in the car and dropped me off in time to catch the flight.
Now on this flight this married guy couldnt keep his eyes to himself.. He stared at me every 2.5 minutes. I finally started locking eyes and smiling. That really freaked him out. But he kept lookin.. I guess i was looking irresistable!!
In LGA we caught a cab to Amy's friends place. Mr Cox lives in Queens and i thought that was appropriate..
He has a fun apartment and from the roof top we can see the rest of the city. He took us to a local bar and we had a few drinks there. A private car took us to the holiday inn at JFK. I slept for maybe 2.4 hours and then had to take the shuttle to the airport.
I missed my flight thanks to the rain the day previous and the back up I had planned was looking worse. So I found an empty gate and logged in and found that if i flew to Seattle I could connect and make it home, but the flight wasnt till 845 but it was first class!!!.. SO I went.
Tired as all getout I got home after 4pm.. home at 5.. I just couldnt see taking a nap.. or id wake up at 4am.. so I stayed up.. that hurt.. but I did get to sleep at 10 with an ambien and slept till 830 today..
Voila.. thats how you JetSet!!

1 comment:

Okie said...

Wow...cool story. What an adventure. :)