Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Munich Bound

So I checked the flights again when I woke up at (vomit) 4am. I rebooked our flight through RDU and that let Liz sleep a few minutes more. We called a car to take us to the airport. We were both so tired, I just couldnt deal with a bus. We got checked in but only as far as Atlanta due to the fact that our lay over was going to be so long.
It was a seemless connection there at RDU.
us.. laying over..

We did get to take the Pink Plane (aka the Brest Cancer Plane) from RDU to ATL. We had the front row seats on that one so it was kinda nice. I started the book, The Golden Compass on this trip and ended up reading that on both flights and not sleeping.
Atlanta 1020am. Yes we were quite early for our 425 flight to Munich but we could check in. So off we went to the International Concourse E. It was maybe 20 mins in line but we got checked in no problems. Just that our flight was all the way back on T4. So we hopped back on the train and went to the T concourse. It was here that I was able to snag about a 2 hr nap.
The waiting wasnt too terrible. There was a cute lady who had missed her Ireland flight the night before and had been sleeping all night at the airport. She was maybe in her 60's and the night had kinda worn on her. We chatted for a bit and later she brought us some quiche (ps the quiche wasnt so good but I think they had food vouchers and just bought a ton) super nice lady.
So it gets to be about an hour before the flight and they start working the standby list. I was getting nervous because the list kept growing but Liz was always at the bottom. I was at the top of the list. I knew I would get the BusinessClass seat and I didnt want to give that up. But I also didnt want to go if Liz didnt. So I told this to the lady and she said that I needed to decide right there if I was going or not. So I looked at the numbers and said,'Im in!'
Liz made it of course, much to my stress relief. I was in 6a and she got 29a. Yay for window seats cause our landing in Munich was beautiful.
I of coarse was pampered in BC. I had wine with dinner and porto with dessert. I ate it all up and loved every minute. I was sad that Liz couldnt experience it with me but hopefully she can on the way home.

No comments: