Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Lake Powell

First off welcome home to my baby sister who returned home from her mission in Montreal. Im so happy to have her back.
To celebrate this blessed event (and cause we had the houseboat) We went to Lake Powell. We left on a friday and got there a little before dark. So we stayed on a mooring that night. The next day we set off to find a beach.
Beaches in Lake Powell can be tricky to find. Being as we were getting there mid week a lot of people had taken the good spots. Katie,Wick and I had found what we thought was an ok location. Little did we know that Sunday would bring micro bursts of wind to knock us off our beach and throw us into the channel. Luckily a lot of people had already left the good beaches and we found one just around the corner.
Katie and I had to go back and claim lost items which included our steak to hold us in place and an anchor that was in 30 feet of water.
We got all settled in to the new beach (this one with sand) and I had to head back to SLC. SO i packed up my bag and off i went back to the marina to schlep my tookis back home.
It was very fun to see the Taylors. The kids just keep getting cuter and cuter.
Ill try to post some pics once mom gets back with the camera (i cant find mine.. am i a true flegal or what?)
cheers n happy travels
Me

1 comment:

Ali said...

You are a TRUE Flegal and I must say that I see little things that Eliza does that reminds me that she is also a TRUE Flegal. The way she laughs after belching or the way she looks at me on purpose with a smile right before she is about to do something naughty... reminds me of Andrew! Yay for Lake Powell - we can't wait to see pictures!