Thursday, June 14, 2007

Boston Pride 2007

I missed going to SLC Pride because the family was in Lake Powell. Id totally pick the lake anytime so that wasnt tough.. The bummer is that Delta is a major sponser at 6 prides in the nation. That means we march (in cool polos they give us) and throw beads. Then they have a booth and people come throw darts at the map of our new destinations. We give prises and have a drawing for 2 free airline tickets in the americas.
Well... the Boston crew sent out an email saying they were in need of help cause no one had volunteerd and they needed bodies. So of coarse i went.
Their Pride Parade was on a Saturday so I flew in Friday night late. I didnt get into my hotel until 2am. So i crashed out and woke up at 10. I had time to change shower and off i went.. checking out of my hotel. I only had a small backback to keep my change of necessities..
Having never ever been to Boston I really didnt know where i was going. I'd chatted with some people to get the basic idea. I'd just missed the shuttle to the airport that also stops at the T station. So i snagged a cab, but only as far as the T stop.
I got off at Back Bay and then had to ask a few bears and trannies for the directions to where i was to meet my group. As i got there the parade was just starting. Luckily I had time to put on my polo and get into formation. We had two people holding the banner that said Delta was a proud sponsor. Three girls in blow up airplane costumes and pilot hats.. the delta mini and a truck with music blairing whatever. Then about 6 other people throwing out the beads. I was in the lead with the banner.
The weather was a bit yucky. We had fog covering the tops of the skyscrapers but it wasnt too cold and walking all that way, 3 miles, it was just perfect..
The parade ended in the square at city hall. Delta had our booth set up there. I stuck around for a little bit but then had to jet back to the airport for the ride home. My flight was at 5pm. I hopped on the T and off i went to return home.
So what was that? about 12 hrs in boston on my first trip? not bad but i didnt get to see much.. Next time im totally staying longer... and NOT at the airport hotel..
cheers
me

No comments: